Thursday, February 9, 2012

Superbowl Time!

We had a lot of fun on Superbowl Sunday.  We didn't really care too much about either team playing but we had a party plan and we were excited to carry it out.
The kids were all dressed up for church and Abi even had a "New York" dress - good thing they won I guess.
We even had a festive hairstyle for her and this time it was all the men at church commenting on her hair instead of the women.  :)
After church we went home and tarted preparing for the game and we were excited to have my friend Nancy and her family come over to join in the fun.  We had some Superbowl dinnerware thanks to my dad!  (Yes, it's from a couple years back but we're still using it! ha ha)
I challenged myself to try some new things that I hadn't before so I'm going to share pics of the fun party food:
Matt had a couple requests and Little Smokies was one of them.  We had spicy and mild and then some rice in the middle for our meatballs.
These are the best sweet and sour meatballs and it's a recipe from my good friend Nikki.
Matt also requested some nacho cheese which we kept nice and warm in his football crock pot!
You can't have a Superbowl party without chips and dip so I made some homemade salsa (Chili's copycat recipe from Pinterest) and some cheese and bacon ranch dip that was to die for!
Matt helped me make these yummy spicy chicken roll-ups the night before and we had plenty of left overs for lunch the next day.
My favorite thing at a party is a cheese ball so I decided to make two!  ha ha  This is the one that we had at the party with the almonds.
This is the one that I kept for myself with the pecans.  :)
I found this party slush idea on Pinterest and it sounded so delicious to I tried it out and it was AWESOME.  It's 7-up, raspberry sherbet, & some cut up oranges, grapefruits and lemons.
Dessert was the best part for me and I got to get a bit creative with the food.  (Thanks to Pinterest once again!)  These are our chocolate football strawberries.
This is a triple chocolate rice krispie football with some fondant lacing.  (I used a giant plastic Easter egg to get the right shape and the kids thought that was hilarious.)
These are melted "hugs" smashed between two pretzels - the ultimate sweet and salty treat!
Now I obviously didn't make these but I couldn't resist the football brownies and OREOS!
I never thought I would say that I loved Superbowl Sunday but this year I honestly did!  We had so much fun with the Ashby family and we had so much fun EATING!!!  :)

2 comments:

Cyd said...

Yummy Julie! You know how to put out a spread!

Anonymous said...

Glad my meatballs made your blog! They are awesome party food - we make them for New Years Eve sometimes!! Looks like you had a fun time with great food - so glad! :)