Friday, January 28, 2011

Shark Reef Aquarium

(I'm sorry again for all of the new posts but I can finally say that I'm caught up!... temporarily.)
On Tuesday Bridger's preschool took a field trip to the Shark Reef Aquarium down at Mandalay Bay.
The boys were so excited all morning and were dying to get down there. 
The very first thing we saw was the huge crocodile and all the kids were so amazed by it! 
There's so many neat things to see but one of our favorite things is always walking through the ocean tunnel. 
Tate was so amazed by everything and he was so curious about it all.
 
Porter couldn't believe that he was standing only inches from real sharks! 
Porter was also in heaven when he got to pet one of his favorite animals - a sting ray! 
Bridger was not so enthused about the idea of touching this thing!
 
This is the new addition to the aquarium, the "Shark Ray" which is a mix of a shark and a sting ray. 
Here's our little group of undersea explorers. 
It was such a fun afternoon out with the boys!

2 comments:

Ashby Family said...

cute! I love shark reef as a field trip. We are going in April.

Anonymous said...

That was fun and the kids seemed to love it!!! Thanks again for taking pictures ~ you are our unofficial official photographer for the group. :)

Nikki