Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Pinterest Projects

So I have fallen in love with Pinterest and if you are not a member of the site and would like an invite, let me know!  I'm notorious for pinning tons of ideas but I also wanted to make sure that I actually DO some of those ideas.  Here are our attempts to copy the fabulous originals!
Pumpkin Candy and ribbon bracelets.  Abi and her friend Kaitlyn had so much fun making these.  They made a bunch for their other friends as well.
Recycled spaceships and cars made out of shampoo bottles, cardboard, lids and craft paper.  (The kids are still playing with these things - not to mention they want to save EVERYTHING now because they think they can use it on a craft!  lol)
Mini vampire pumpkins and bats.
Eyeball and Candy Corn Frames.
Halloween Candy Dishes made from bowls, cups, and plates from the dollar store.
Bones and Eyeballs - the bones are pretzel sticks and marshmallows dipped in Almond Bark.
The eyeballs are Oreos dipped in Almond Bark with Gummy Lifesavers and mini M&M's on them.
Mouths made out of apple slices, Nutella, and marshmallows.
Frankenstein Pudding Cups.
These are just vanilla pudding with green food coloring, some crushed Oreos on top and a gummy worm.  The kids had fun drawing the faces on the cups with Sharpies.
Popcorn Witch Hands.  I made these when I was a kid but totally forgot about them.
"Have a FANGtastic Halloween" classroom favors.  We used these for the school classes and the primary classes and they were a hit!
I even tried my hand at sewing with the Candy Corn Outfit.
I made it a tiny bit big so she can wear it again next year.
I also made this Ghost Pillow Case Dress.
This one was super fast and she looked really cute at church.
"I'm Going There Someday" temple blocks.
I put my kids' pictures on the back too - this is one of the projects they put me in charge of for Super Saturday this year.
There are also tons of great cleaning tips I have used but I had to share a picture of this one.  (Don't be disgusted by our dirty couch!  lol - At least it's clean now.)  This is the best way to clean microfiber - you can see the part we've cleaned and the dirty part.  WHAT A DIFFERENCE!  You just spray it with rubbing alochol to clean and nothing else.  We were seriously going to go out and just buy a new couch before this!
There are some awesome organization tips like this cheap way to display earrings.  I just grabbed this grater from the dollar store.
I've also had this ENORMOUS box of ribbon in my craft room that I was constantly digging through and I've found a solution for that as well!  Now they are organized into sizes and types of ribbon up on our bookshelf.
Each little bin has the ribbon poking out so I can easily see it and pull out as much as I need.
I also found a much better way to store my ribbon scraps - wrapped around clothespins!
My favorite ideas are the home improvement ideas.  (They are also the most expensive.)  Matt let me do this one project because our total cost was only $35 for both!  I don't like the builder-standard mirrors that were in our master bathroom and our downstairs bathroom.  They're just plain and boring. 
We ran to the hardware store and picked up a couple items and within a couple hours we had a fun new transformation.  This is our downstairs bathroom. 
Here is our master bathroom mirror before we framed it.
Here it is after.  Isn't is beautiful!  The builder had left this large decorative piece that we used for the top here and I just painted it all the same brown color that we have in our bedroom.
Pinterest is so much fun!  I have so many more things I want to get working on!
This is our October Subway art which wasn't from Pinterest but it's still darling.
This is a craft that I made at a girl's night with some friends.

2 comments:

John and Suzi said...

Amazing projects! Where do you find time! Sooo a question.... After you spray the couch with rubbing alcohol do you use a dry cloth to scrub it?

Cydnee said...

Some many fun things! How do you do it all? I really like Pinterest too but I need to get back on and actually do some of the ideas.