General Conference was wonderful this past week. My parents were in town and we always enjoy that time with them. I have to be honest and say that I did not catch every word of every talk so I'm looking forward to reading them when I can have less distractions. My mom and I did our traditional "Deseret Book Ladies Night Out" while Matt and my dad were at Priesthood Session. We had a lot of fun with that.
I tried to get the kids a bit more involved with the talks and speakers so I made Conference BINGO cards. These were cute but they were only interesting to Abi. They were a failure with the other kids! :) (Maybe next year.)
I also made them little cards with the First Presidency and the Apostles pictures and names so they can get more acquainted with who they are.
I also made this so that we can remember what each brother spoke about and keep those topics fresh in our minds until next Conference. It's hanging on the wall right as you come in from the garage so we will see it all the time. Hopefully it will be a helpful reminder for us.
Another favorite part of Conference time is making treats with the family.
In between the first two session we made some chocolate covered marshmallow bunnies.
They covered them with tons of different sprinkles and decorated them just how they wanted them.
Then comes the best part - eating them! Yum!
In between the Sunday session we made these fun little Peeps treats.
The nests are just melted marshmallows and chow mien noodles and then we stuck Reese's eggs and Peeps inside the nest.
After our last Conference Session we had a yummy dinner and then chocolate pie dessert that we topped with bunny marshmallows.
It was a wonderful Conference and we are so blessed to have such inspired leaders guiding us in these latter days!











4 comments:
Ok seriously how do you have the time to come up with and do so much cute stuff?
lol, it's my "repreive" from everything. I love doing it - next adventure... CAKE POPS! I'll post if they're successful!
How do I get in on the Deseret Book Ladies' Night Out?
just come on down next conference and you're in! :) That would be so fun! (Mom truthfully doesn't even like going but I love it) hee hee
Post a Comment