Abi's elementary school holds an annual "Einstein Races" event which is a big deal and they always have a HUGE turn out of people ready to run.
Abi signed up for the 1 mile run and she had been practicing on our treadmill before the big day.
Here she is at the starting line getting cheered on by her old Kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Helseth.
She also had her own personal cheering section from Daddy and the boys.
And she's off!
She was so awesome and she only slowed her pace a couple of times.
I jumped in to run the last lap with her and cheer her on. Here she is running down the finish line.
She is so proud of her medal!
The 5K was right after the 1 mile and here I am with my friends Amanda and Lindsay who I've been dying to get out and run with for a while!
Here I am at the starting line and you can tell that I'm excited and a ball of nerves! There were so many people, I had hope that I would possibly not come in last on my first race. :)
The run was not as bad as I had expected and I crossed the finish line with a big smile on my face! (Probably more from relief that I could stop running!)
It's official no - I've completed a 5K!
We all had a great run but Lindsay was AWESOME! She came in 1st place!
I even got a nice massage after the race and that made it all worth it.
I have to admit that I was jealous of Abi because she got a medal for finishing her race and I thought I would too but they didn't give me a medal at my finish line.
Little did I know that I would get a medal inside because I actually placed in my first race!!! I was so excited!
I came in 2nd for that women's division!
It was a great experience and I said that I'd only ever run one race but I think I'd definitely do it again!

















3 comments:
Way to go Julie!!
I am so proud of you. Always have been. Always will be.
Julie you are tiny! you look fabulous!
Post a Comment