Matt and I were both looking forward to my parents coming to visit for General Conference this past month. Not only because it's great to see them but also because it meant that my mom was going to be here for April Fool's Day once again. :) She's our favorite person to prank! I had a whole bunch of surprises lined up for the day.
First of all we toilet papered the boys bunk beds.
Bridger had no idea until he woke up completely confused in the morning.
We had hanging tarantulas all over my parents area of the house. Here's one right outside their bedroom door and we also had on on the back of the bathroom door and in the shower curtain. My mom wasn't a fan of all of them. :)
While Abi slept, I put stuffed animals all over her.
I had just got the last one on when she started waking up and was totally confused. The look on her face was priceless!
I put clear dish soap in the boys' bathroom toilet and in our toilet so that Matt and the boys got a bowl full of bubbles as they "used the facilities". Porter thought that was awesome. :)
I emptied all of Matt's drawers while he slept so tat he would not be able to find any of his clothes. Unfortunately he stayed in his jammies most of the day and didn't even notice things were missing until that evening. Guess that joke was on me for all my hard work. :)
I poured Abi a bowl of Cheerios and told her to just add her own milk but I didn't tell her that there was a bunch of food coloring under the cereal.
She was a bit shocked when her milk started turning blue!
My favorite prank was when I took Tate out of his diaper and sent him upstairs and then placed a diaper with a melted candy bar on the stairs. I had my mom see that Tate was naked and then when she went upstairs she hollered down at me, "Oh No Julie!"
Abi thought this prank was pretty gross.
Tate just thought that it really was his poo poo in the diaper and didn't think any less of it.
Our final prank of the day was telling my parents that we had a magic trick to show them. I got on a stool and put a quarter in a cup full of water and then placed a mop underneath it to hold the water against the ceiling. I asked my mom to hold the mop while I climbed down from my stool so I could finish the trick. Little did she know that I was really just getting her stuck there holding the mop and water cup.
We left her standing there for a while and there was nothing she could do. I have to admit that it was pretty funny. After a while we finally climbed up and grabbed the water so she could let go of the mop. :)
What a fun April Fool's Day!















0 comments:
Post a Comment