Monday, April 9, 2012

March's New Recipe Attempts

I have to admit that I've loved cooking in the kitchen this year.  It's even more fun now that our kitchen has had a mini-remodel.  Here are some of the things we tried this past month:
Chicken and Cream Cheese Puffs:  Inside these rolls there is a chicken and cream cheese mixture that is to die for!  I found them on Pinterest and they looked easy so I gave them a try.  They were so yummy that I made them again for my parents when they came to visit.  This will probably go on our "go to" menu list.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies:  Not really rocket science here - these are just regular brownies with peanut butter chips added.  I baked them in the "Perfect Brownie Pan" of course (my favorite thing!) and they tasted like chewy Reeses! 
Chili Cheese Braid:  This one was mostly for Porter because he's such a picky eater but he loves chili and cheese.  I found this one on Pinterest as well and it took some prep work but was really tasty.  (And kind of pretty on the outside!)
Inside there was chili, cheddar cheese, green onions, and some green peppers.  We had some sour cream to dip it in too for those of us that wanted it.
Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Cookies:  Abi invented these little wonders and she did a great job because they were delicious too!  They are our regular strawberry cake batter cookies with chocolate chips added to them.  Mmmm!
Mexican Stuffed Shells:  These came from Pinterest too - I know, SHOCKER!  The are the large shells from the pasta section of the grocery store and we stuffed them with a taco meat and cream cheese mixture.
We topped them with some enchilada sauce, come cheese and some green onions and theses things were so yummy and easy.  (Except I didn't wait for the shells to cool long enough and I totally burned my finger - typical!)
Ice Cream Sandwich Cake:  (I saved the best for last!)  I made this for my dad for his birthday while he was down visiting.  I came across this on, wait for it...  Pinterest!  ha ha.  It was so easy and SOOOO GOOD!!!
You simply take a 9x12 pan and layer ice cream sandwiches, cool whip, chocolate fudge topping, and crushed Reeses Peanut Butter Cups and then let it sit in the freezer for an hour.  I'm telling you it was heaven!  This will definitely be made again soon!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Will you send me the chicken creamcheese puff recipe - looks awesome!!! I leave and you become the cooker-extroidinair. Glad you are enjoying your new kitchen. :)

Nikki