Now I have to admit up front that not a single one of these is an actual "recipe" attempt. They are just fun little ideas that we used through the month - mostly for Easter. Maybe you will see some ideas that you like. :) I also have to give Pinterest credit for many of these. (I love that site!)
First we have our Nutter Butter chick cookies. They're just store-bought Nutter Butters with candy coating on the top.
Last year I got some really cute Easter baking pans on clearance after the holiday and I was really excited to use them this year. The first pan made bunny rabbit cookie suckers that we decorated with colored candy coating.
The other pan made flower cookie suckers that Abi decorated.
I had to include this picture to show you just how HUGE these cookies were!
We also LOVE whoopie pies around our house so we made these colorful spring ones for General Conference.
We also had some "carrot" candy coated strawberries.
While my parents were in town we made these fun carrot chicken salad sandwiches.
Basically you take a sugar cone, wrap it with tin foil and spray it with non-stick spray. Then you wrap store-bought crescent rolls around them. Create an egg wash that you make orange with food coloring and baste that on the dough and you're ready to bake. When they come out you simply stuff them with the chicken salad and garnish with some parsley. Fun huh!
These are our Easter cinnamon roll bunnies that the kids loved except for one thing...
Everyone picked off the raising eyes. I'll have to use chocolate chips next time. :)
The kids loved making these Easter sugar cookies. We just attached our "decorations" with some candy coating.
*Tip* If you do these, freeze your Reese's PB Cups before cutting them in half otherwise they just don't work.
My favorite new thing were these "Empty Tomb" sugar rolls. (You wrap the dough around a marshmallow which melts in the baking process but leaves a nice open spot.)
When you cut into them you find the empty tomb and it's a perfect opportunity to go over the Easter story and read a few scriptures.
No Easter would be complete without Matt's favorite Easter dessert that his mom always makes.
It's a bit of frozen sherbet, whipped cream, & cookie heaven!
This year we also made these fun frozen yogurt egg pops.
You just put some yogurt in a plastic egg (leaving room for expansion) and then stick a sucker stick into one end of the plastic egg.
My kids absolutely LOVED these!
So there were two actual recipes that we tried and these Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars were my FAVORITES!!! Totally not good for you but also totally worth it!
I also found a recipe for Mango Lassi which is Matt's and my favorite drink when we go out for Indian food. It also reminds Matt of his mission and we've had this drink a few times since discovering it!
So there were two actual recipes that we tried and these Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars were my FAVORITES!!! Totally not good for you but also totally worth it!
I also found a recipe for Mango Lassi which is Matt's and my favorite drink when we go out for Indian food. It also reminds Matt of his mission and we've had this drink a few times since discovering it!
My last fun little creation for the month was made for our sweet little friend Alexis who got baptized.
I made her a CTR cake for her special day.
I saw the idea on Pinterest and didn't know if I could pull it off but it turned out really cute!
Also, I just have to share my new favorite thing I found. I grabbed this at a yard sale for $0.50 and it's technically a wine holder but it's going to be our new fruit bin and I love it because it just plain looks cool! :)
Also, I just have to share my new favorite thing I found. I grabbed this at a yard sale for $0.50 and it's technically a wine holder but it's going to be our new fruit bin and I love it because it just plain looks cool! :)


























0 comments:
Post a Comment