Monday, May 16, 2011

My Vampire Bite

On April 26th I had my procedure where I had the Melanoma Skin Cancer surgically removed.  For those of you that don't know, I went in and had a mole taken off behind my ear a few weeks ago (right before Disneyland) and it came back that it was Melanoma.  Of course this scared me to death to realize that I had Cancer - the big "C" word, but I took to next steps and prepared to get rid of it.  Matt was able to be in tow for the surgery but had to go right back to L.A. afterwards.  My in-laws were so sweet to come down and help me out since I was pretty much banned from lifting anything or doing anything that might raise my blood pressure because of the sensitive area where it was found. 
 I was wearing this shirt the day of the surgery and I didn't even realize but people must have thought I was taking the whole Twilight thing a bit far!  :) 
It was a large and gruesome scare - especially before the stitches got taken out. 
 I had a whole bunch of internal stitched but only had 18 large external stitched which have since been taken out.  My scar is looking really good now and hopefully will not be too noticeable in time.  I'm proud to announce that all my biopsy reports came back negative from the surgery so I am currently Cancer-free!  Hooray! 

4 comments:

Larla's hairstyles said...

That looks so owie!!

Cydnee said...

So glad its gone! Take care of yourself in the sun!

John and Suzi said...

Oh, that is so scary! I am so sorry you had to have that done! I hope that's the end of it...

Anna said...

That looks so painful! But I'm so glad you are doing okay!