Matt was needed at the L.A. office of EagleRider for a couple days so the kids and I spent our time out at the pool and then we'd do something fun for the evening when he would get done.
One of our adventures was up to Santa Monica to go to the beach and walk the pier.
It was kind of a chilly evening so we didn't let the kids swim but they were still really excited to dip their toes in the water.
They promised that they wouldn't get wet but every one of them had wet shorts by the time we were done. (I guess I should have expected that!)
They loved playing in the sand too but I always have to remind them not to throw it.
You would think they would just know that it's not a good idea.
The sky was so beautiful and it was so nice to just look out at the ocean and listen to the waves crash.
We decided to walk up to the pier and show the kids the carnival area.
We got up there right at sunset so we got to watch the whole thing.
It was so beautiful!
There were all sorts of performers on the pier trying to earn money and then I saw him!!! "Arthur The One Man Band" from America's Got Talent! (He was just as terrible there as he was on the show - bless his heart!)
The kids got in a couple of rides and then there was one other thing we had to do before leaving...
EAT FUNNEL CAKE!!!
We went down to Bubba Gump's at the end of the pier and Matt made the perfect Forrest!
Another one of our adventures was to our favorite park down at Hermosa Beach.
The kids love coming here and it's kind of a tradition for us when we come to California.
We had them go right before we started our drive home so that they would get all of their energy out before getting in the car.
As usual, Tate spent most of his time in the swing. :)
It was a fun spring break and a great time with family!


















1 comments:
I LOVE funnel cake!!
Post a Comment