I seriously cut back on the pictures that I could have posted here but I still feel like there's a ton! I secretly packed our bags throughout the week and Saturday morning we got up and Matt told the kids that he had to leave immediately to go to L.A. for work. The kids were so sad but then he yelled, "and I'm taking you all with me!"
The kids were so excited and we jumped right in the car and headed out.
Little did they know that we had another surprise in store for them... Disneyland! (They figured that one out on their own when we pulled into a hotel right across the street!)
We spent the rest of that day playing in the pool and just enjoying time together.
That night we all got our Mickey jammies on and watched the fireworks show from our hotel window.
The older 3 kids had matching shirts for the fun day - Thank you Walmart!
There were not many crowds and we had Fast-Pass and Switch-Off passes that got us onto every ride super fast!
I think the longest we waited in line was 10 minutes... at DISNEYLAND! THAT"S CRAZY!!!
Tater's Tot's favorite spot was right on top of daddy's shoulders.
Hmm, Abi looks a bit out of place but Bridger looks right at home!
I can't believe I have a picture of myself as a kid pulling on this same thing. That must be one heavy weight to have not moved in this long! Use those muscles Porter!
This is just one of SEVERAL pictures in random cars around Toontown. :)
I never thought I would leash up my child but I was so grateful we had it or Tate would have just taken off.
Tate absolutely LOVED Disneyland - every bit of it!
Matt was trying to avoid the teacups all day but the kids finally got him on them!
Disneyland must be a magical place because our boys got along the ENTIRE day!
Tate was a trooper and didn't fuss at all - he's a ride junkie like his mommy!
By the end of the day the kids were pooped! We watched the fireworks live and then walked back to the hotel to get some rest for another fun-filled day in the morning.
There were only 4 rides in all of Disneyland that we didn't hit the day before so we started the morning there again to finish off what we had started.
The crowd was HORRIBLE that day so we finished our rides and left to go to California Adventure.
Matt and I had never been there before but it so much fun!
The kids loved the Bug Land and Tate could ride everything!
Here we are way up in the tall Ferris Wheel looking down on the park. I couldn't believe how brave our kids were. Porter and Bridger rode Space Mtn., The Tower of Terror, and The Haunted Mansion (even though Bridger did try to walk back out on this one) and I didn't think either of them would do that. In fact, there wasn't a ride - that they were tall enough for - that they didn't each ride. I was so impressed!
Abigail is a roller coaster nut - again, just like mommy - and her favorite ride was California Screamin'. She rode it 4 times! Here they are blasting off at 80 mph and you can see Abi turning her head to the side.
That part scared her just a bit but she didn't mind all of the upside down stuff.
We had so much fun at the parks and I've had to hear the kids talk about them non-stop ever since. I think we will be getting back there sooner than we had anticipated!


























4 comments:
So so fuN! I love taking my kids to Disneyland! Was the new Little Mermaid ride open at CA yet?
not yet but it sounds like it's going to be fun!
Disney Land and California Adventure are so much fun! Its always great when you go with short lines : )
I love Disneyland and California Adventure!! Did you go on the Toy Story ride?? I'm a little obsessed with that one. :) And Kenyan has the same feelings about the Teacups as Matt does. I thought he was going to lose it after I finally got him on there.
Post a Comment