Monday, June 27, 2011

June Jollies

I'm being lazy this month and I'm just going to post some highlights from the month so far instead of individual posts for everything.
Porter got to go to a fun Disco themed birthday party and he was so excited that he got to dress up. 
His little friend Katelyn turned 6 and he just "loves" her. 
We've done more swimming already than I ever used to do in a whole summer as a kid. 
 I guess that's what happens when everyone down here has a pool.
Here we are at Abi's end of the year dance party which conveniently was at a neighbors house.
Tate was so funny wandering around the place with his bottle and a cup just waiting for someone to fill one or the other up for him.
We have to keep an eye on this kid because he loves to run and jump right in the pool.  He has no hesitation or fear of water - unfortunately.
Tate has also found another love... the trampoline! 
We went down to Towne Square one afternoon and saw this awesome dog house.  Talk about a dog's paradise! 
The kids love getting lost in the giant labyrinth there. 
Daddy let them play in the center park for a bit while Mommy did some shopping. 
We didn't take their swimsuits for the splash area so we told them we would take them to the splash park right by our house. 
We go to Mission Hills park all the time because it's right by our house.
  It's also fun when our friends, like Abi's friend Hayley, have their parties there and we get to play!
  Abi has also had the opportunity to see a bunch of her friends getting baptized and this is her good friend Taylor on her special day.
The kids started another round of swimming lessons and this was Bridger's first time.
He found the cutest girl in his class and plopped right down next to her!  (Typical)
Porter has mastered swimming underwater and loves diving for toys. 
 
Abi's has now finished all the swim levels and will sign up for diving next.  Here is her class yelling "girl power" because they were all girls - except the poor boy teacher. 
These are the cake pop swimmer treats we made for the final class parties.
It was neat too because our kids were part of the largest swim school in history and it's been registered in the Guinness Book of World Records!  (It included all the Henderson Aquatic Centers.)
Tate has turned into another little monster boy. 
He is all over the place running and squealing and can't seem to sit still - unless he's got some cars or trains to play with!
Here's some cute pictures of my "little girls":
"Portia"
"Bridgette"
"Kate"
(I did not force them to wear these wigs, they wanted to try them on but I will definitely use these pictures for blackmail in the future!)
One of our highlights of June so far was our shark watermelon.  Bridger especially loved the blue Jello water and the Swedish Fish in his mouth.  :)
One of the low lights of June was realizing that I should probably cut back on my clothes because my closet can't seem to bear the weight!  :)

2 comments:

The Pingel Family said...

I love that you did the shark watermelon. I saw it on sugardoodle a few weeks ago. Glad to see it can be replicated. I am going to have to try it sometime soon!

Cydnee said...

That watermelon is so fun!