Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A Day & A Night on the Town

 My BFF from high school, Kristen, and her cute family were down in Vegas for the weekend so we went downtown to meet them for some sight seeing. 
 Unfortunately it was a miserable weekend as far as the weather was concerned and the wind, rain, & clouds kind of put a damper on things.  (We never have clouds or rain so it was a bummer that it was that way while they were here.) 
We tried to find fun things to do that were inside so that we didn't have to be blown to pieces outdoors.  We grabbed some lunch and then headed over to Grand Slam Canyon because we thought the kids would like the amusement park.
Our car was parked at Caesar's Palace so the kids got to see the cool statues and stuff inside the casino.  Abi was totally embarrassed that some of the men statues didn't have pants on...  oops, I kind of forgot about that part! 
 They also got to see the aquarium as we walked through and they couldn't believe how HUGE the sting rays were.
We also accidentally happened upon the "Atlantis" show that they do there.  I had never seen it before and neither had Matt so that was kind of fun for us. 
 Some of it scared the kids (the fire and the dragon) but not enough that they didn't love it as well.
That night I got to go out for a Girl's Night to Serendipity 3 and I've been dying to go there for a while now!
It's always fun to get together with friends and NO KIDS and just have an enjoyable evening.
(Amanda Ainge, me, Rachelle Abbott, Susanna Abbott, Nancy Ashby, Kim Brown, Jenny Barrowes, & Cydnee Schroeder.) 
We were there to celebrate my friend Nancy's 30th birthday.  She and I both joined the 30's club this year and said goodbye to our 20's.
We had to wait for just a bit to get in but the wait was worth it!
Look what we found on the menu... 
Can you imagine paying $1,000 for this thing?!?!?  It's an ice cream for crying out loud!  Who cares if the glass is from the Vatican, everything is gold leafed, the spoon is 24 carat gold, and it has caviar on it.  Sounds gross to me!
I have to admit that I did go there specifically for a dessert though - the world famous Frozen Hot Chocolate!  It was amazing and we ordered 3 different kinds for our table, the regular, the mint, and the Oreo.  They were all to die for!
The whole restaurant also sand Happy Birthday to Nancy and she got to blow out a candle on her Banana Split!  It was a very fun evening and a much needed night out!

2 comments:

Kristen Harmon said...

Okay, I have GOT to stop letting my arms be exposed like that in photos, GAH! Ick, ick & ick. (And don't even say that I'm excused by pregnancy - I ain't growing no babies in my arms.) :D

Thanks again for playing with us, the kiddos can't stop talking about our little trip so I think we shall definitely get another visit planned in the near future.

Nikki Kennington said...

Hey, my best friend in Highschool was named Kristen, as well. :) Looks like you've been having some good times lately. Is your hair darker? It looks GREAT!!! Love ya and miss ya.