Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Jumping Ahead

So I'm WAY behind on our family blog but I've finally finished our latest project so I can get caught up again.  I'm posting these pictures a little out of order just to let you see what I've been working on.  Matt was watching some football with the kids the other day and I started looking around at the walls.  Matt saw me grab my paint chips and he just groaned.  We had a dentist appointment later that day and it turns out that I didn't have any cavities (after 4 yrs of not getting to a dentist! I know, I know, I won't go that long ever again.) so Matt said I could buy some paint.  With that  the beast was unleashed and I headed off to buy supplies.  After 3 days of hard work I was finished and Matt helped out by keeping the kids at bay so I could work.  Here are some pictures of the fun:
 Family Room Before
Family Room After - Now our fireplace doesn't fade away into the wall but I still want to get a cool mantle or something.
Dining Area Before
Dining Area After - Notice that I also painted the ugly gold mirror which is something that should have been done long ago!
Eating Area Before
Eating Area After - I painted the whole surrounding pop-out area brown and it made such a difference.  Also, we've picked out a great back splash for the kitchen that will have stone and black glass in it.  (We just have to wait for the budget to allow for it!)
The Pantry Before
The Pantry After - This is my favorite transformation.  I am in love with this black door!
I didn't have before pictures of the following places because I didn't know I was going to be painting them.  I just kept adding little projects to my list.  :)
Here's the new front room accent wall.  It really warms up the room.  I also ended up paining my two end tables black.  (You can see one of them here before it was painted.)
I painted our hallway as well which really helped to make the molding and the doors pop.
The last thing I painted was the insides of our cutouts in the Family Room.  Not only did I do it for a fun look but it also seriously needed fresh paint because we always come in from the garage and dump everything there so it was getting a bit grungy. 
So now that I'm finally at a point where I can get back to our pictures, our blog should be seeing some more new posts in the near future!  :)

5 comments:

John and Suzi said...

It looks soooo good! I thought it looked great before, but I love the changes!

Julie said...

thanks Suzi! You made my day!

Dexy said...

I love the new color,looks really nice. What is the name a the color you use?

Julie said...

It was called Natural Harvested Bark

Cydnee said...

I like seeing the before and after shots. A little paint goes a long way for sure!