Well, one of my New Year's Resolutions for last year was to be more creative for the holidays and to craft a bit more. I tried to keep up with it each month and it was a lot of fun! I love December and I love all of the fun traditions and crafts that go along with it.
The just reach inside each day and it there was an activity, treat, or craft for us to enjoy.
We also had our Santa Beard which was new this year.
Each day we got to put a cotton ball on to make his beard grow and the kids LOVED it!
By the end of the countdown his beard was nice and full!
One of our activities from the quilt was playing a Christmas Carol game so I made up these fun little "Guess the Carol" cards that I found online and then just laminated them.
We also made up some Christmas BINGO Cards. The kids ended up playing both of these games over and over.
I was able to knock out a few purses this month and these three were just place mats that I sewed and then added handles to. They're perfect for Church bags, Library bags, or Activity bags.
I was also able to FINALLY finish my potato chip bag purse. I've been working on and off on this one for a while but it's completed which is great because I HATE unfinished projects!
I saw a cute idea on Pinterest and this was my attempt to recreate it.
I also had to pump out a few gifts for the neighbors so Pinterest came through for me there as well. :)
We ended up choosing the "May Your Christmas be Merry and Sprite" gifts because of a shortage of time but they were still cute.
This is our final Subway Art. Now we've got one for all the holidays!
Abi has been crafty this month too and these are some of her projects:
She read the "Christmas Orange" story and made this ornament.
She made a cute little snowman hot chocolate cup which she used all season long.
She also made some cute little candy cane reindeer.
This was Matt's attempt at a craft... Rudolph the BMW! :)



















0 comments:
Post a Comment