Friday, January 27, 2012

December Dances and Events

We did so many things this past December that it's taken me FOREVER to get all my photos ready to be posted on the blog.  I've got quite a few pictures here but it's only a drop in the bucket to the amount that I have that are not being posted!  :) 
One of the first things we did for the Christmas season was go to Boulder City and watch Abi perform in the annual Parade of Lights. 
She loves doing this every year and had such a good group of friends in her dance with her.
Matt and the boys grabbed a seat to watch the parade while I rode on the float with some of the other moms and took pictures. 
They had a good seat this year right across from the "Christmas House" with all of it's amazing lights.  It's funny because every year when the kids in the parade walk past this house they all stop dancing and just stare!
One Saturday night while Matt was in town we decided to go back and see the lights at the Chocolate Factory.  (We did this last year and ended up buying our Escalade directly afterwards - that was a fun night!)
As usual, the lights were AMAZING!
It's kind of fun to see lights all over cacti instead of snow covered trees.
Tate slept through most of it last year but he really enjoyed seeing everything this time around. 
It was a colder evening this year but that only cold by Las Vegas standards so it really wasn't too bad.
The kids really enjoyed their time and I'm sure we'll be back again next year. 
Our next event was the Winterfest Celebration down on Water Street.
This was the first year that Henderson has done this and it was SO MUCH FUN! 
All of the activities were free and there was so much to do. 
The kids loved the petting zoo.
Tate couldn't stop laughing at all the animals and he did not want to leave.
They had a whole bunch of booths set up with fun activities for the kids to do.
They got to decorate cookies.
They made candy cane mice.
They made Rudolph bags that they got to fill with candy.
They even got to meet Santa Clause!
This was the first Santa they saw this year so it was a pretty neat thing.
Their favorite thing was by far the pony rides though!
Well, at least this was the favorite thing for the boys.
Tate absolutely loved it.
Abi liked the giant slides best. 
I was surprised that the boys were not afraid at all because it was VERY high!
Mommy and Daddy liked the carriage ride the best.
That was probably because Tate had dozed off for a minute.  :)
The kids got to wave to people they knew and Porter even saw his Kindergarten teacher during our ride.
We had to take a break from all of the fun so that Abi could go dance on stage and she did a great job. 
We finished off the afternoon with one last ride on the carousel.
This was just another horse that Tate loved riding!
We got a picture in front of the huge Christmas tree and then headed off to go get some lunch before the parade later that evening. 
We lined up for the Henderson Parade of Lights at the top of Water Street and Abi practiced her moves before they got going. 
Matt and the boys found a seat on the curb and cheered Abi on as she danced by. 
 This was the busiest parade I have ever seen and there were people EVERYWHERE!  I was a bit embarrassed to be riding on the float because I ended up seeing tons of friends, neighbors and ward members.  :)
Abi's last dance performance of the year was downtown at the Magic Forest.
This one was kind of nice because it was inside a convention hall so we were nice and warm.
Abi got to wear her costume from last year and she danced beautifully.
We walked around outside for a bit afterwards and took in the nice lights but the kids wanted to ride everything and we didn't take any money so that cut our stay a bit short!.  :)
Abi has lots of dance performances and parades every December but it gets us out doing so many fun things and making fun memories so we really enjoy it!

1 comments:

Martha Belle Schultz said...

Thanks ! I always love to look on your blog and see the fun things you do ! Wish I could craft with you ! How about I move down there like I want to !