Monday, August 29, 2011

Dockweiler Beach

On one of our last days in California we decided to try a out a new beach. 
 
We headed over to Dockweiler Beach which is famous for it's big fire pit areas and camping.
The morning was a little overcast but the sun soon came out and it was a beautiful day.
The water was great and the kids absolutely loved playing in the waves. 
They even got taken out a couple of times but seemed to love it even more. 
Porter loved to sit and feel all the sand moving under him with the waves. 
Tate slept the entire first half of our outing but that was good because he needed rest. (Especially with all of the energy he extended after waking.)    
He was a little leery of the water at first and didn't want it to touch him but that didn't last very long.
The boys spent a lot of their time digging in the sand. 
They even caught a whole bucket of sand crabs. 
Abi played in the sand a bit too.  (She didn't want anyone kicking sand on her head)  :)
However, she spent most of her time body surfing on the waves. 
She would get out there and catch those huge waves and ride them all the way in. 
She just laughed and laughed and marched right back out into the water to do it again. 
Abi and daddy decided to let Tate try body surfing.
It didn't turn out so well...  
Tate was not AT ALL happy about what had just happened. 
He had a good cry, ate some cookies - and some boogers - and he was fine.
Abi ventured back out to go hit some more waves while the boys played in the sand. 
They were both completely buried and thought that was just awesome!
Then they realized that it was also kind of boring so they jumped out and played some more.
We spent almost the whole day there and had so much fun.
I've always loved the beach and Matt loves it too - except he DID NOT love the sunburn he received.  (This picture was taken before the day of sun!  He was much more RED afterwards.) 
Also, I get the "Mother of the Year" award for not applying the sunblock on Tate and Bridger very well.   I used lotion and spray on the rest of their bodies but I thought the dumb stick would be better for their face.  I was WRONG! 
 I couldn't see where it had been applied and I missed streaks everywhere.  I felt so terrible!  Luckily it had almost completely faded by the next morning and the boys felt fine.  I still felt quite guilty though!

0 comments: