Monday, August 22, 2011

Tate's Troubles

Once and a while Tate has his troubles and lucky for us, we've been able to catch a few in pictures.  One thing he hates more than anything is when he can't find his blankie.  (It's usually when I have to distract him so I can throw it in the wash.)
 Well, the other day he went on a huge search around the house yelling, "BAY-EE".  I couldn't believe it but he found it! 
He was so distraught too because he could see it in the dryer rolling all around and he didn't know how to get it out. 
He sat on the floor in front of the machine and cried until the cycle ended. 
I felt so bad for him but he was FINALLY consoled by the feel of his warm clean blanket.
Another issue Tate has is sharing the telephone.  Daddy will call us everyday when he's on the road and Tate is obsessed with talking to him.  He doesn't give anyone else a chance and will scream like crazy if we take it for a turn. 
Matt usually ends up calling again a bit later after Tate is in bed.  :)
For those of you that know Tate, you know he LOVES to eat!
After a long summer afternoon of swimming we came home and ordered a pizza for lunch.  Tate was so excited because it's one of his favorite things and he sat on the kitchen table eating to his heart's content. 
 He had eaten about 3 whole pieces and just wanted to finish his final crust but he was sooo tired.
  He kept kind of dozing but then he would remember that he still wanted to eat so he'd wake up a bit, take another bite, and then start to doze again.  It was so funny and the other kids and I sat and watched him do this for about 10 minutes. 
 Finally he laid down but he was still determined to finish that crust.  Inevitably, his exhaustion got the best of him but he made a good effort to eat every last bite. 
 I took the crust out of his mouth and he continued a chewing motion like he was still eating in his sleep.  Funny kid!  

1 comments:

Kari said...

I can't believe he fell asleep trying to finish the pizza...that is so hilarious!