Monday, August 22, 2011

Independence Day 2011

On the morning of July 4th our ward had a big breakfast.
 
 There was delicious food and tons of great friends.  Matt felt bad that he had to miss it but he was out of town finishing up work because we were preparing to leave on our big Utah trip shortly after.
I had our little family dressed as festively as possible for the big day.
We got to catch up and visit with everyone which was especially nice with the Arrendale family because they moved the following day.  :(  I will miss them so much!
Abi had fun being with her friends.
It was cute too because all the kids got together and played Red Rover and it didn't matter what age you were.  It was a fun morning!
That evening we were invited by the sweet Packer family to come over and do some fireworks. 
I was so grateful for the invitation because my kids would've missed out on sparklers and fun otherwise...  I'm not brave enough to mess with 4 little kids, fire, and explosions alone.  :)
We took over some glow sticks and necklaces and the kids had fun playing with those. 
When it was dark enough, the show started!
A bunch of neighbors and friends gathered and we had so much fun. 
Tate sat in his stroller the whole time and just enjoyed the show.
It was a fun-filled 4th of July!

0 comments: