So my most successful recipe attempts for February were during the Superbowl so these ones won't be too impressive.
I'll even start with a couple that's aren't recipes attempts. These one are just store bought, pre-made cookies for Valentine's but I had to take a picture because they have Mickey ears inside of hearts!!! How cute is that!
These are going to be a tradition in our family for a long time because I LOVE them! We did them last year for the first time and I couldn't wait to have them again. It's just heart-shaped chocolates heated on top of pretzels with Valentine M & M's pressed into them. They are soooo yummy and one of my favorite snacks!
Moving right along, we will go to the bigge4st failure of the month! These are Orange Juice Cookies that sounded delicious on paper but did not turn out well AT ALL! They looked and tasted bad and the worst part is that the sweet missionaries were helping my husband carry in some tile from the garage when I made these and they were so excited about them that I had them take the whole bunch of them away with them as they left. They must have been starving to eat those because they were pretty bad! i was so embarrassed!
Another semi-failure was the Peppermint Patty Cookies. These looked so terrible when they came out of the over but we didn't have to look at them long because they were DELICIOUS and went fast. They're basically a sugar cookie with a York peppermint patty pressed into it before baking. The patty melts and spreads everywhere but the cookies do taste quite good. (If you can get over the look of vomit on top! ha ha)
These are our Inside Out Cookies and they were a huge success. We made a double batch of these and they are just simply chocolate cookies with white chocolate chips. (Opposite from the traditional white cookies with chocolate chips.)
These were Abi's creation - Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies. They are thinly baked peanut butter cookies that you take two of and spread your favorite jelly between. Stick them in a plastic baggie for about 30 minutes while they're still warm and the cookies absorb some of the jelly making them extremely soft and gooey. Abi' only shared a couple of these but I did try one and they were tasty - if you like PB&J. :)
Our favorite cookies of all were some that I found on Pinterest called Marshmallow Cloud Cookies. You just prepare some chocolate cookie dough and mold it around a large frozen marshmallow. Place them all on a cookie sheet and then bake them. The marshmallow melts and creates the chewy cloud cookie and they are super-yummy! The boys devoured these in a very short time.
We tried a new Chicken Enchilada recipe that was a great success.
We made a double batch of these too because half the family likes olives and the other half does not.
Last but certainly not least is my new FAVORITE recipe - Mini German Pancakes. We make German Pancakes all the time but I saw on Pinterest where someone had made individual ones in a muffin tin and I had to try it. We also made a delicious Triple Berry Filling to put inside. Porter preferred just some syrup but you could use ice cream with chocolate topping or anything you like! These turned out great and Abi even used them for her Activity Nights breakfast night!
We had a fun time in the kitchen but we now have a new look to our kitchen (you'll see in another post) that makes it even more fun to be in!
We had a fun time in the kitchen but we now have a new look to our kitchen (you'll see in another post) that makes it even more fun to be in!











0 comments:
Post a Comment